By committing to the STI Programme in the spring of 2021, Voxia has decided to make its employees’ vision and values a reality.
Initiated by B Lab and supported by the Swiss government, the Swiss Triple Impact (STI) Programme is a short, pragmatic programme that invites all companies in Switzerland, large or small, to define and implement real and measurable contributions to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The STI programme gives the opportunity to engage managers, employees and stakeholders towards positive value creation on all levels: people, planet and prosperity. Following a series of interactive workshops with its employees, Voxia has selected 6 SDGs to actively contribute to:
SDG #1 – END POVERTY
Formalise, implement and communicate our pro bono commitments to associations and/or foundations whose work aims to reduce poverty in and from Switzerland.
- Define Voxia’s pro bono policy, including its validation procedure, the beneficiaries it wants to target and the scope of our potential action
- Set up a system to monitor our pro bono hours and measure impact
- Organise actions in favour of the community (min 1 per year)
- Systemise communication of these actions to increase their impact and inspire others to do the same
SDG #4 – PROMOTE LIFELONG LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL
Actively support the employability and reputation of our employees through an internal knowledge-sharing programme across all areas of expertise.
- Set up a programme of instructive or formative sessions including propositions for themes, dates, formats, experts, etc. (business, business development, customer relations, key trends, sustainable development, …)
SDG #5 – ACHIEVE GENDER EQUALITY
Join the gender equality movement by raising awareness and developing an expertise in inclusive or difference-friendly communication.
- Draft a position paper on gender equality within Voxia and ensure its translation and its availability to all employees
- Design an awareness and usage manual on “balanced language” in communication and public relations and ensure its visibility and accessibility
- Promote the use of “balanced language” within the agency and with our clients
SDG #8 – ENSURE DECENT WORKING CONDITIONS
Ensure benchmark working conditions for a small to mid-size communications consultancy firm and engage in a continuous improvement process.
- List and value all types of employee benefits
- Set 5 satisfaction indicators and conduct an annual survey in the form of an interactive session or a questionnaire
- Stimulate everyone’s role in the continuous improvement of employee experience
SDG #10.5 – IMPROVE THE REGULATION OF GLOBAL FINANCIAL MARKETS
- Continue to organise events dedicated to the promotion of sustainable investment (GFSI, ZFSI, Swiss Sustainable Funds Awards)
- Explore new ways to stimulate exchange between influential industry players
- Organise masterclasses for university students
SDG #12 – ESTABLISH SUSTAINABLE CONSUMPTION PATTERNS
Continuously improve our ecological footprint.
- Carry out a self-assessment of our carbon footprint in order to set targets for improvement and track our evolution
- Inventory and journal actions currently in place
- Define a minimum of three areas for improvement, along with measurement tools